Door scheduling made simple
Specifying door hardware is time consuming work with lots of information back and forth between architects and specification writers. The risk of error—as well as the volume of change orders and call backs—increases every time information is entered and re-entered.
Spec Exchange, a custom-developed Revit plug-in, streamlines the door scheduling process. The plug-in allows architects to export their door schedule directly to the specification writer, and then import the completed door schedule directly back into Revit. It makes exchanging information as simple as printing a project manual. Once you generate the door schedule, you can export it in Revit to an Allegion specification writer, who then imports the door schedule into SpeXtra, our specification software. The specification writer creates the hardware sets and sends them to you for importing back into Revit—all without paper copies or re-typing. At that point, you have complete control of the information and can manipulate the data as needed.
Benefits and features
- Spec Exchange transforms a long, manual process into a short, automatic one. By eliminating the need to type and re-type a door schedule, Spec Exchange:
- Simplifies the specification process
- Decreases errors
- Reduces time spent preparing hardware specifications
- Eliminates manual data entry
- Streamlines the door schedule process
- Improves collaboration between architects and spec writers
- Allows architects complete control of their attributes from start to finish
There's more information available on the Allegion website.