Revit® Turbocharger for Steel Frame Roofs
Includes Roof Panel Layout
Roof Panel Frame (previous name Metal Framing Roof+) automates metal framing roof work in Revit® projects. Robust features allow the user to efficiently frame metal roofs, complete with roof joists, battens, valley joists, roof boards, and more. Plus, the software automates shop drawings, including sorting, tagging, dimensioning, and scheduling all frames.
Ideal for Architects, Structural Engineers, Prefabricated Roof Designers and Manufacturers
Compatible with REVIT 2018, 2017, 2016
Read more here >>
With Metal Framing Roof Panel Frame (previous name Roof+), you can:
- Create your own rules and templates and use them for detailed multi-layer metal roof framing creation in Revit models.
- Frame large roofs 10x faster than using regular Revit features.
- Manage joists, rim joists, nogging, bridging, blocking, and bracing placement, and configure openings, details, service hole positions, and more.
- Auto-distribute battens, secondary frames, and roofing.
- Revise your Revit® model at-will, by simply selecting the elements and properties you want to modify.
- Track down structural and engineering clashes.
- Cut and frame openings according to predefined rules.
- Generate shop drawings and cut lists with just one click; get real-time take-offs and views, automatic sorting and dimensioning.
- Export to CNC machine.
- Be sure roof frames and shop drawings update and adapt to any changes.
- Carry out structural analyses without leaving Revit
Export your metal frames to external analysis software at any stage of the design process.
- Structural Engineers
- Painless and efficient roof framing based on architectural roof geometry
- Prefabricated Metal Roof Designers and Manufacturers
- Build prefabricated roof frames that accommodate user/company specific regulations
- Make real roof design and use it in the model presentation
- Automated modelling of metal roof framing, including joists, battens, bridging, blockings, rims, noggings, and more.
- Fully scalable: this software can be used on any structure from simple to complex, including irregular roof shapes
- Framing types are freely linked with roof types
- Complex multi-layer roof framing: an unlimited number of layers can be added
- Automated details on bridgings, blockings, and rim joists
- Sheathing layouts are easily made and split by existing joists
- Generate roofing layouts
- Automatic sorting, tagging, dimensioning, and scheduling (including mass) of all frames and sheathing layouts
- Automatic addition of shop drawing views and schedules to the sheets based on user predefined template
- Easily transfer framing elements between the same groups or identical roof panels by simply predefining which elements should be affected: all roof panels from the same model group, from the instance model group, or selected roof panel should be unique in the building.
- Update frames according to architectural roof changes
- Align joists across roof segments and between roofs and floors or walls
- Modify Roof frame at any time and supplement it with additional members
- Edit and increase your library with main types of roof framing
- Fully customize all templates and rules; save framing, sheathing and shop drawing configurations for your future projects and share them with your team members
- Architectural roof can be split into prefabricated panels using Roof Panel Layout. It takes an architectural roof and automates the panel layout process. The software draws symbolic lines according to predefined rules which indicate the future panels. Then it creates real Revit® roof panels.
- Optional CNC output to joinery machines and multi-panel production lines enable your model data to be automatically exported to manufacturing.
Compatible with BIM software Autodesk® Revit® Architecture / Structure and Building Design Suite
- Super Fast. Metal Framing Roof+ was made for speed. It possesses standardized and automated roof framing capabilities that, together with shop drawing generation, enable you to bypass hurdles in building design.
- Shop Drawings. Now. Did you start framing your first roof panel? Well, your shop drawings have now started as well. Making templates is so easy that you might even forget about it! So, don’t forget to check whether everything is in order in the end, adjust details where necessary, and you’re ready to celebrate the delivery of your project.
- Updates are a cinch. Were changes made to the roof? All you need to do is update the frame of the selected roof segment. That was easy.
Metal Framing Roof Panel Frame is brought to you by AGACAD. Pricing was not known at press time.
This add-in is compatible with Revit 2018, 2017, and 2016.
There's more information available on the AGACAD website.