About This Version
Version 18.3.1, 2/26/2018
- This release focused on some additional UI and IFC4 improvements on export. These will be covered in more detail in various help documents.
- New Export Functionality:
- Add the ability to import and export custom configuration setups.
- Add the ability to choose the origin of the exported file. There are 4 options:
- Current shared coordinates origin
- Internal Revit coordinates
- Project Base Point
- Site Surve Point
- A number of COBie improvements, including:
- Including the exchange requirement information in the File Header
- A number of IFC4 Reference View improvements, including:
- Export some profile names with geometry when appropriate
- Fix scaling of triangulation coordinates
- Improve export of beam axis
- Restrict use of many disallowed IFC entities and geometries
- Allow remapping of IFC entity attributes in addition to properties.
- Create more associated type entities for IFC objects.
- Consistent ability to override name, object type and description for all entities
- Export connectors even if they aren't connected to other elements.
- Export parts whose host elements are in linked files, whether "Export Parts as Building Elements" is checked or not.
- Improved creation of IFCBUILDING and IFCSITE entities
- Export Bug Fixes:
- Fix export of some space with empty Occupant fields.
- Fix relative placement of exported IFC links to the host IFC file.
- Fix unexpected error when exporting a floor as an IfcRamp (for IFC2x3 only).
- Fix unexpected error when exporting a site from a 3D view when exporting the active view geometry (for IFC4 RV only).
- Full French localization for a number of previously hard-coded strings
- Improved calculation of some property set parameters.
The IFC for Autodesk® Revit® 2018 contains up-to-date improvements on the default IFC import and export capabilities of Revit contributed by Autodesk and our Open Source contributors.
While this app is not necessary for IFC support, it is recommended that users that depend on the quality of their IFC files download this app and keep it up-to-date, as new enhancements and defect fixes are added, for more information on IFC, please visit the building SMART website ( buildingsmart.org) or the Revit wiki (help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-6708CFD6-0AD7-461F-ADE8-6527423EC895).
Read Help Document
IFC 2018 is brought to you by Autodesk, Inc. It's free.
This add-in is compatible with Revit 2018.
There's more information available on the Autodesk App Store.